Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new aftermarket recoil spring for my Benelli M2 shotgun. What brand do you recommend buying? Will Wolff Recoil Spring with 25% extra power work in M2? What are the benefits of using one of those? Does it help with benelli click issues?

·
Registered
13,110 Posts
The "Benelli Click" is caused from the flat spot in the bolt channel where the bolt face pin rides in. Having the +25% will help only slightly as it will take a little more force to unlock it. The bolt can bounce in and out of battery all day long without any issues. It takes something to slow the bolts forward momentum. That would be something like clothing, weeds, branches, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=239323

·
Registered
311 Posts
Order online from Wolff Springs directly. Not hard to install; field strip the gun , remove the stock, put the receiver in a vise and unscrew the retainer nut from the end of the tube that holds the spring. Careful as the spring is under pressure. Take out the spring, clean and lightly oil the tube, put the new spring in making sure the bolt carrier is in place, replace the retainer nut. Put the gun back together and you're done.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I have had good luck with the Benelli XP springs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.