Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a gun fitter(s) who specializes in, or who has expertise in, fitting shotguns for women? I live in Pennsylvania. Sporting clays are my game of choice. No interest in hunting.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should clarify that I LIVE in Pennsylvania, but am not opposed to traveling to meet said gun fitter. Though someone on the east coast would be nice . . . If there's no one in the east at all, are there any ANYWHERE?? I'm seeking suggestions here, because there's opportunity for comment from the women who have used those services or who may know someone who has.

Thank you!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just saw this post. I can think of 2 in Florida that I would recommend. In no particular order would be John Woolley in or near Jacksonville ? Amelia Island Florida. he will likely have a booth at some of the big shoots in Florida this month.

I also recommend Don Currie, the head instructor for the NSCA. He is also based out of Florida. Both can be found easily if your Google-fu is good.

No personal experience but I bet you could contact Nemacolin Resort and they might likely have somebody to refer you to.

I can get you their particulars if you would like.

s/f Steve

·
Banned
13,904 Posts
Another alternative is NSCA Nationals in San Antonio in October. Many fitters and stock making gurus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you still have not found a fitter you might consider contacting John Higgins. He does quite a bit of work with women and is an excellent gun fitter and is one of the few people that I know of who has a try gun. John teaches in GA and SC mainly and I can give you his contact information if you would like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you can get to florida, see Mike Lupold at S & S Plus stocks- he is florida for the winter. otherwise they are in Polson, Montana. or Get an appointment with Jim Greenwood. Both are excellent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a bunch of trouble with fitting for my daughters (small frames). Lots of collar bone and cheek bruising. But we finally found a fitter that has a lot of experience with the nuance of female geometry and had answers to all of our questions. Not cheap, but I was so impressed with the patience they showed in fitting and with the quality of their work. They also coached on hold which was a subtle part of the issue that every coach including me had overlooked minor details. The fitter is Wenig (http://wenig.com/) out of Lincoln, MO.

·
Registered
135 Posts
lily35 said:
if you can get to florida, see Mike Lupold at S & S Plus stocks- he is florida for the winter. otherwise they are in Polson, Montana. or Get an appointment with Jim Greenwood. Both are excellent.
Another vote for S & S. Jon and Mike are wonderful guys with an incredible amount of stock/gun fitting knowledge. I brought my girlfriend and her Blaser and K80 to them for fitting and we were both very very impressed. This truly is there passion. I know MT is far from you but its worth the trip, MT is a beautiful state and Polson has an incredible sporting clays course.

But also as mentioned above I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Wenig. I have been told they fit a lot of Olympic athletes including Kim Rhode.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mike Sherman of PMS Firearms in Salisbury, NC.

PMS FIREARMS
5209 Mooresville Road
Salisbury, NC 28147

Mike Sherman
[email protected]
Tel: (704) 798-5150

He will be at the East Coast Championship March 10th-March 14th...Hunters' Pointe Sporting Clays...Washington, NC.

http://pmsfirearms.com/

·
Registered
137 Posts
My friend went to Wenig but we’re 2-3 hours away. Made a favorable difference in his shooting. He highly recommended them to me but I went the self fitting route with recoil reduction and bought a pfs. I thought it’d be easy to set up but it took over a flat if shells to finally get it right. A fitter has the experience to do it right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts