Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out, in Southern Ca, the limit is 6 of these suckers. Hard to find, hard to chase, very hard to get a shot off. Made my limit, my buddy only got one though. Had fun, going to try to go again if the schedule and wife let me this tuesday...

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

Happy holidays and Happy hunting!!!

BOB

·
Registered
718 Posts
We don't have them wild here in NJ but we do stock them at one of the clubs I belong to. They are a hoot to shoot. Can drive the dogs nuts.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
A limit of chukar is indeed a prize to cherish.
Good job.
I know guys who have almost died in one way or another chasin those little devils, and still didn't limit.
I remember my 1st chukar hunt as a teenager with my dad, i'm not sure what the gross stuff somewhat resembling liquid that was trickling down the side of the slope, there could have been a cow standing right above the ledge peeing for all i know, but it was either that or die of dehydration, yes it was that bad.
The stuff didn't kill me,thank God.
I know one guy who had to shew away the water skippers to get to that wonderfully stagnant mud hole water to keep from dehydration, he told me that story at work.
I guess the moral is....bring plenty to drink :wink:

·
Registered
391 Posts
A limit is surely a prize to be cherished. I've hunted mountain goat, Rocky Mountain Sheep, Mule deer above 10,000', elk and many other critters. I feel that hunting wild chukar can the most demanding hunt of all.

Congrats,
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.