Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am a big time bargain kind of guy. I like finding and using things that I paid way less for than they are worth. That is what originally led me to purchase a Charles Daly Diamond III shotgun... the ones that CDNN currently is selling for under $700.00, though I purchased mine for slightly less from another source because at the time, CDNN was boycotting California sales (glad that's over).

Anyway, these shotguns are really very nice for the money and easily worth close to double what they are selling for. I love mine and it has functioned flawlessly for the 8 or 9 months and 4,000 or 5,000 shots I have owned it. I like mine so much that I decided to buy another one to put away for my son, for when he gets big and strong enough to shoot it. To save a bit I bought the Diamond II version this time, for $549.00 from CDNN (my favorite firearms bargain source who is thankfully once again selling and shipping into CA).

When I received the shotgun I naturally took it out right away to give it a try...might as well break it in for my son, right? Right off the bat, I found there was a bit of a problem, not a biggy, but the top ejector wouldn't eject a spent shell. I lubed it up well to see if that might be the problem but it was definitely stuck, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to check out CDs customer service, and their "limited lifetime warranty" policy.

I had registered each shotgun immediately up on receiving it, and they had both in their system. They took the pertinant information from me over the phone, and asked that I box it up and have it ready for pick up the next day. True to their word, UPS arrived the next day and took the shotgun away. It took a week in transit (normal for UPS). I gave them another week before I followed up to see where they were at on the shotgun and to get an idea of when they thought they would be finished fixing it. My assumption was it shouldn't take too long as it seemed a simple problem. When I asked, their service department checked their records and informed me that the gun had been shipped back 3 days earlier. Wow !

I just got it back tonight and tested it out with a couple of spent shells. I loaded them up and fired the first barrel, then tapped the butt on the ground and fired the second barrel, then opened the action. BOTH shells flew out in a beautiful 5 foot arc and landed in my computer chair about 2" from each other. Not only are both barrels ejecting perfectly now, but the springs seem to be so closely matched that the shells travel together with great precision.

These shotguns, the "NRA Diamond" series (now discontinued) are not typical of what the current owner of the CD name (KBI) is offering to the market. These are, I believe, much nicer than their usual Turkish made models. However, I must say that I am quite impressed with KBIs warranty and the way they service that warranty, and I am very happy to know that they can be counted on to take care of what they sell, even when they no longer offer that product. With this level of service, if I ever decide I need to add a budget semi auto shotgun to my collection, I will give CD/KBI a serious look.

My cost in this whole situation was exactly zero dollars. KBI paid to pick up, repair and return the shotgun to me. Very impressive KBI. I am glad I chose to do business with them.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
The now discontinued C/D NRA Diamond O/Us were made in Italy by Marocchi. I would expect them to be of higher quality than today's imports from Turkey.

Glad to hear you're happy with the gun!

(I bought a gun from CDNN awhile ago, and was very pleased with the transaction. Just be sure to support your local gunshop, too.)

·
Registered
192 Posts
That seems incredible !
I've heard horror stories regarding other manufacturers.

I'm interested in that link to the shotgun you purchased if you wouldn't mind sending it to me via Private message.

Regards,

Rinaldo

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rinaldo said:
That seems incredible !
I've heard horror stories regarding other manufacturers.

I'm interested in that link to the shotgun you purchased if you wouldn't mind sending it to me via Private message.

Regards,

Rinaldo
Assuming you wanted a link to the CD shotgun. PM sent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.