Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade and a Beretta
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some opinions on a release trigger for my K80.

I am thinking about doing the release/release.

Please only give advice if you have used one or are using one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I now have a flinch that is costing me 8 to 10 targets per round.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:
I now have a flinch that is costing me 8 to 10 targets per round.
Sounds like you're still shooting 1-1/8th oz loads? (Quickest path to release triggers :lol: ) Yes, a release will alleviate that, and takes only a short while to get used to.

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think the 1 1/8oz is the problem.

I have been using a Soft Touch for over 10 years.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It probably has nothing to do with what load your shooting. It's normally an eye brain thing. Kind of like a sight picture flinch your wanting to squeeze the trigger at the same time your eye has come off the target and normally to the barrel so your brain is basically rebelling because the picture isn't correct. I had Krieghoff do mine and that made sense to me. They do a good job and stand behind it.

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't be on here if I knew what was causing it. :lol: :lol:

I really think it is because I am losing site of the target.

I shoot Nemacolin on Sunday. One guy on my squad was shooting double release K80.

He kept telling me to shoot his gun.

I never missed a target with it. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Terry, if a release trigger will solve your flinching then it doesn't really matter what causes it. Why waste time trying to find the reason. Send you gun to Krieghoff and have them put a double release trigger in your gun and don't look back. I made the switch to a double release and I haven't flinched since. If my flinch magically disappeared I would not go back to a pull trigger. Krieghoff does an excellent job with their release triggers. You won't be disappointed. Me, I don't take my 2016 Suburban to a Ford garage for repairs so I wouldn't send my Krieghoff to anyone but Krieghoff to put in a set of release triggers.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
They have a good product, too. I don't know how old your K80 is but it may void any warranty. You need to check that. I had them both. When shooting I couldn't tell the difference. But that is me. It might be different to you. In any case, check the warranty issue.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It doesn't matter why at this point just get the release I switched about 6 years ago. If your gun is not under warranty get the triggers wherever you want. Allen's makes a nice release trigger especially there roller release. Kristy off or any of their authorized service dealers can put in a factory release. Also Phillips Gunsmithing does the K80. A word of advice whoever does them for you I would recommend starting out with a slower release with a little bit of travel. It will make it easier for you getting started.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:
I would like some opinions on a release trigger for my K80.

I am thinking about doing the release/release.

Please only give advice if you have used one or are using one.

Thanks
do you want info only from guys shooting double release triggers in O/U's or just guys shooting release triggers in Krieghoff.

I will never try to talk you out of the trying the triggers cause I was in exactly the same place you are 5 years ago.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Terry- go for it. Double release won't hurt you a bit. I suggest you learn how to use them by shooting some trap doubles. My advice is to have a Krieghoff gunsmith do your releases. Allem does great release triggers but for a K80 I'd stick with the OEM.

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But then I would have to shoot your gun. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If you get the release triggers I would suggest you practicing at home with an empty gun on how you get out of the gun in case of a no bird. I know it sounds elementary but its something you need to practice till you feel confident and safe.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.