Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a lee load all to reload my own 20 gauge shells. I would like to know a few things.

1.) What is a good website on how to get started etc. etc.???

2.) Can you reload any modern plastic shell??? (I have 4 boxes of remington squirrel/rabbit loads in #6 shot. Date on them is 1984 I think, just wondering if these can be used when I shoot them up.)

3.) Also, I would like to do some custom 2 3/4" and 3" shells with some #1 to 00 buckshot, any suggestions or recipies???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good web sites for reloading data are all the powder manufacturer web sites. Some are Alliant, Hogdon, Accurate, and IMR. Follow the recipes exactly as you could be playing with problems if you don't. If you can not find data for the particular hull you are using then don't use it. Once fored hulls are available through many mail order houses and probably at a local clays range. Buying once fired hulls, if necessary, is far less expensive than the possible damage to a gun and the shooter possible from excessoive chamber pressures which could be caused by substituting any components. All the web sites with reloading data will have a warning something to this effect.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
An excellent book for the starter reloader is "Reloading For Shotgunners", 4th Edition by Kurt D. Fackler (Ballistic Products Inc) and M. L. McPherson. (DBI Books).....Since newer manuals try to cover the newest powders, a second book would be "Lyman - Shotshell Handbook" 3rd Edition. In it one will find some specialized shotshells, with buffer, by Tom Roster that is excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts