Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been building this reloading/fly tying bench for what seems like forever. Actually it's been a couple of months off and on. I had recently renovated my den and decided to build a dedicated bench. The concept was simple, a pair of base cabinets and a countertop. I used tongue and groove to join the carcases and face frames. Through dovetails for the drawers and solid drawer fronts. The last detail is a raised panel door for the left cabinet that will hold reloaders when they're not in use.

I hope to finish this over the holiday break so I can get to some tying and reloading before spring. All in all it's been a fairly easy build with only a few minor goofups.

Let's see some other reloading stations and what other folks are using for this hobby.

·
Registered
574 Posts
O'm going out into my shed and crawling under my little bench. I'll be in the fetal position crying in shame if anyone needs me. :cry:

:D Nice looking benches guys!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
gundogs said:
Size does not matter as long as it serves the purpose. It really looks nice and functional. Great job!
You know you're in trouble if you have to fall back on "Size doesn't matter." What's left... "It's the motion of the leaver?" :shock: :oops: :lol:

Great cabinet work Rick... There are some really nice benches built by folks on here... Jim Miller has a great setup too as I recall. Very, very nice work guys!

I'll get a pic of my poor, lonely bench set up over break. Ya'll need a good laugh by then. :lol:

bd

·
Registered
388 Posts
What a beautiful setup.

I just can't imagine though how you can find everything you need in a hurry when it all put away so neatly.

I took some pics of mine and hooked my camera to the puter but that is as far as I got.

I don't do computers too well so I never did figure out how to post the pics.

Mine is not quite as nice as this as I built in an old section of my barn but it works for me and seems to be very handy for spending time out of the house. And thanks to D L and Bob Hicks I don't get into too much trouble before I get myself (with their help) out of any jam.

I will try ti figure this posting picture thing out and if so will send some later.

UF

·
Registered
579 Posts
Where is the TV and beer fridge?! Possibly a urinal on the wall...a man doesn't wanna waste time you know.

I'd live in that room...football games...whatever. No matter how bad the game was you could just look over and smile!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dave M,

Very nice setup...especially the overhead lights. And nice to see a clean as well as ORGANIZED loading area. I've seen so many that look like a tornado had hit; stuff everywhere.
I'm light poor as my basement was never wired with more than a minimum of outlets and lights. My NEXT project!

FN in MT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.