Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an old style MEC grabber. Sometimes me and it are a symphony in motion. Sometimes a dark comedy.

2 current problems: I must have caught the primer feed tube on a hull in the next station and then into the spring on the shaft. Bent things a bit. Have finally got is somewhat adjusted again. Still does not feed primers as it should. While I am watching the primer feed like a hawk I guess my attention has been diverted from another problem that is coming on strong.

I am getting a awful lot of folded up shells over on the crimp station. The crimp starter seems to just fold up the shell. The only thing I can think of is the shell base seems to wobble out of the holder enough for the shell to be tipped when the crimp is started. But I had never encountered this problem until the last couple of days, and now it is about 1 in 12 in occurrence. Plus I usually mess up the sequence when I back it up and clear it. Tired of cleaning up shot and powder.

Any suggestions?

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Just a guess. If it is a old style crimp starter it is inside a chrome housing?? make sure the star inside is free to spin.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had the same problem out of a 28ga. 1st I checked my adjustments and even chenged the heights a few times, no luck. The i replaced the whole piece with a Mec Super crimp starter. It took a little while to adjust the height to perfect but now i get a perfect crimp every time. It's an expensive piece but i'm getting 15 or so reloads per hull with out splitting the crimps.

Hope this helps
Mitchell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.