Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
your on the right track my man.
unless you shoot more than 200 rounds a week , I would stay with the sizemaster. acquire some 28 Win hs hulls, best hulls to reload.And by the way, welcome to shotgun world.

·
Registered
17,957 Posts
The Sizemaster is fine.

What makes it better? Well it is cheaper for one. Price a Grabber or a 9000.

It's a single stage machine. (Sizemaster)

Try loading pertneart shot out 28 ga hulls on a progressive/auto machine sometime. i.e. Grabber/9000.

If you don't load your 28 ga hulls as many times as I do that isn't an issue. I get 3 or 4 more loads out of shells other folks would throw away, only because I load them on a single stage machine.

Nothing wrong with a Sizemasster!

BP

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I was talking to MEC service yesturday about parts for the 650 I adopted and made mention I was very happy with my resently purchased sizemaster. For what it is worth the tech person I was talking to said, "it is the best loader they make". All I know is it a pleasure to load with and seems to be a really nice machine. I like it way more than the Jr even with ez prime.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I agree all the way with the Sizemaster....I have used one for many years now....and I also agree with the approx 200 rounds a week theory....that is all about I ever shoot anymore, and a single stage machine does just fine for that amount of production. I only reload for 28ga. and this machine does everything I need.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Quite simply, the MEC Sizemaster is the finest single-stage shotshell reloader ever made at any price - no exceptions.

1. A two-day-old idiot can be loading shotshells on one in less than 30 minutes after receiving it.

2. In the gauges, it comes with an automatic primer feed (but not in .410, since the primer drop tube diameter won't accommodate a primer).

3. It inclludes MEC's iingenious resizing collet, which squeezes the brass back to factory specs rather than extruding it. (The lack of an automatic primer feed on either and the small amount of brass on a .410 would be the only reason other than cost to get a 600 Jr. Mk V instead of a Sizemaster, and the modest cost difference alone wouldn't justify it for the gauges.)

4. The Sizemaster is infinitely adjustable to accommodate virtually any hull or component combination you're likely to need. Other brands of presses are not.

5. You can load six boxes of shells in an hour at a very comfortable pace.

6. It will last a lifetime and longer with virtually no parts replacement except several items costing just a few dollars - and those replacements are a long time apart.

Those 200 shotshells per week before stepping up to a progressive fall far short of continuing to load on a Sizemaster. A more realistic cutoff would be more than a case a week, which you can easily load in two and a half hours at most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.