Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that most of my hulls are buckling after the final crimp. Its not very noticable, just a little horizontal crease in the hulls right near the top. I am using a MEC 600jr, do I need to adjust something, or is it just cause these are old hulls?
I can provide a diagram or picture if necessary.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had that problem with my MEC also. I slightly loosened the locknut on the final crimp station, lowered the handle all the way (with a round ready for final crimping in the final crimp station) and then tightened the locknut before lifting the handle. I won't say it eliminated the problem, but it helped. I think the process probably improved the concentricity of the crimper with the shell.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
This is usually a final crimp adjustment.

You can have this problem with brand new never loaded hulls (currently the unskivved cheddite 3" were the worst) as well and the way that I have over come this is by placing the hull in the starting crimp stage, then letting them sit for as long as a week before using a tool to reopen them and then reload as usual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.