Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 1100!! But damn, i have problems with it every year, I use it through-out the season for deer and bird hunting.

I could shoot one-to-two shells, then it jams up on me, it DOES NOT eject the empty shell and reload automatically!! I clean it, grease it (REM OIL), but no matter what i do it will not cure that problem. I've taken in it to a Gunsmith, he's taken it apart and checked it thoroughly, he suggest me shoot a heavier load shot, i've done that after a good clean and grease and before, still does the same. He also replaced the O-rings on it and the ****** still has that problem. It gets really bad when I'm out deer hunting sitting 10 hours straight in my stand and the weather is cold.

and my WORSE experience ever,

DEER a few feet in front of me I aim so perfectly after i took one down, and the deer comes even closer and i pull the trigger (without noticing that it DID NOT RELOAD AUTOMATICALLY) because it jammed on me, just to find out that it won't fire!!

Please help, open to any suggestions!!!!!

THANKS!!!

M-SPEC

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
M-spec,

How long has it been since the magazine spring and operating spring have been clean and or replaced?

If there is crud in the tube where the operating spring goes through the stock and it takes up some of the energy used to cycle the action you may get a failure to eject/rechamber.

You might ask this question in the gunsmith topic area and see if you can get a more precise answer from a professional.

Best Regards,

FS

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your "******". You stated that it would not eject the spent shell and reload the next one. Well, which one of those things actually does not happen? I'm going to bet that the spent shell does not eject completely, and consequently the new round never feeds up from the magazine. First things first. Take a fired round - one that would not eject from your gun - tell us what kind of ammo it is...you know, the load, shot size, dram equiv. etc. Take that shell and place it gently into your chamber by hand. Did the shell drop in smoothly? I'm going to guess that the metal base does not enter your chamber easily. Are we getting warm yet?
-Lazarus

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I have an LT 20, and was having trouble with it as well. When I fired it would eject the fired hull but would not reload the next. It would not cycle about every other round. Keep in mind this was a new shotgun.
After I fired and it jammed, I could push the silver button on the carrier and it would load.
When I found the problem it was simple. On the carrier there are two spurs that point upward, the one on the right was slightly bent to the left. When the gun was fired, it would eject and release the next round but the base of the shell would catch on this spur and not hit the release on the trigger assembly.
I bent the spur and polished it out and the gun works perfectly now. I don't know if your problem is even remotely related to mine, we would need more info on where your gun actually fails.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You must be referring to the way that the release button fits into the carrier? If so, that is something for 1100 owners to check whenever your trigger assembly is out of the gun. There should be no roughness or burrs on the inside of the carrier "tongue". If it is rough, then the shell rim is going to hang up as it slides along the carrier toward the carrier latch. Smoothing with 220 wet/dry paper around your finger will take care of it. For this type of problem, the gun will eject and lock back, and the next shell will be stuck half way out of the magazine. Attention spring jockeys: this is NOT a weak magazine spring problem.

I'm still holding out for an ammo problem. I did not realize until recently that steel based shells routinely expand in the chamber and do not "spring back" to a smaller diameter. Brass is apparently able to spring back to a greater degree. Many brands of ammo look like they have brass bases, but in reality they are brass colored steel. If you have this problem, your spent shells will be a difficult fit into your chambers. The solution is to use real brass base ammo.

-Lazarus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.