Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gun is used, had about 15 shells shot through it. 26" barrel and wood stock. An 82 year old man had it. He wants 525.00 may can get if for 500.00. Is this a good buy. I am looking for something that has hardly any recoil and he has this for sell. Told me he paid 600.00 for it. Thanks Rick

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Check Wal-Mart before you buy.

Blue Book of Gun Values (24th edition) list the following values:

100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$600 $475 $400 $360 $315 $275 $250

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Optimistic pricing as there is one at the Wal*Mart on FM2920 and Keuykendal in Spring, Texas for $350.00 and possibly a couple more on this site for sale at sligtly more.

I'd shop around. It is a nice gun and with light loads is is really soft in the recoil department.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wal-Mart is tossing the 1187 market on its ear right now. Many stores are closing out new Premiers for $350. I thought I got a good deal 6 months ago for $500. :cry:

Good news is, once Wally World's inventory is dried up, the value should return. Before I spent $500 on that used gun, I'd check to see if any of your local stores have any in stock.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Unfortunately, the $350 guns are all 12 gauge guns from what I have seen. The 20's have not been offered at ridiculous prices.

I bought a 12 slightly used (probably 3-4 boxes of shells, no cleaning, only one choke tube) in a pawn shop for $250. I thought THAT was a bargain.

Clemson

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I bougth one from the Walmart in Spring, $350.00+Texas sized sales tax of 8.5%.

It is a 20 ga which was immediately adopted by my wife :shock:

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I got one of those for $350 a couple of weeks ago at the local Wal-Mart. I saw one in Mena, Arkansas Thursday for the same $350, so there are still a few scattered around, but I suspect they won't be for long.

I modified mine slightly by putting a lead plug in the magazine tube to smooth my swing and I installed a Pachmayr Triple Magnum pad to increase length of pull. With 3/4 oz reloads, using 13.1 grains of International Clays and a AA wad, this gun has NO recoil that I can tell. :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Arin,

Wal Mart tends to close out small quanties of stock when they roll to a new product.

In this case it seems that Wal Mart standardized on Remington 11/87 Sportsman/cammo guns.

I'm am sure that the $350 11-87's are gone by now and WalMart looks like they are closing our Fausti 0/U's you might read the Fausti 350 thread and get a feel of the close out as it is similar to one you can find by seaching on $350.00 11-87.

Keep your eyes open next time you wander through a Walmart.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Last week, the 20ga 1187 premier dropped from $300 to $225 for one day. At this point I used my employee discount to buy it for $180. The next day it bumped up to $250. This wasn't done at store level. The price changes came down from corporate. Walmart does weird crap like this from time to time. And yes, the reason for blowing them out is the premier has been dropped in favor of the camo sportsman. As every inch of space in the store is accounted for, including every slot in the gun display case, when a new item is added, there is literaly no space for the item it replaced, thus the discontinued items have to go as soon as possible. Often at insane prices.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If it's all about the price, do some shopping - if it's about giving the guy a fair deal for what he paid, then that's up to you...

One of my friends from a club is getting ready to empty a couple safes worth of vintage stuff - he won't short change himself but I'll get a break.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have been looking around my area for more closeouts and tried calling around but the Walmart sporting goods people around here don't know jack. A buddy called around about a Traditions/Fausti, they said yes they have one, 20 ga. reduced for $400. He got there and it was a 12 ga. for $350.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
493 Posts
37featherlite said:
Last week, the 20ga 1187 premier dropped from $300 to $225 for one day. At this point I used my employee discount to buy it for $180. The next day it bumped up to $250. This wasn't done at store level. The price changes came down from corporate. Walmart does weird crap like this from time to time. And yes, the reason for blowing them out is the premier has been dropped in favor of the camo sportsman. As every inch of space in the store is accounted for, including every slot in the gun display case, when a new item is added, there is literaly no space for the item it replaced, thus the discontinued items have to go as soon as possible. Often at insane prices.
Can you use the stock number to check inventory locally, including your store?

·
Registered
493 Posts
snakebit said:
37featherlite said:
Can you use the stock number to check inventory locally, including your store?
37 Featherlite any luck?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.