Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the short buttstock on a Rem 870 Express Youth 20ga. with a standard lengh stock.

I have been told by 2 gunsmiths that a 12ga 870 stock will work but the Rem warranty station says that it will not fit.

Can someone clear this up for me, I need to get the stock replaced in the next couple of weeks........ :?:

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Call remington because they do fit because I have replaced one on someone 870 before.

G

·
I called the Remington parts line and the person on the other end of the telephone could not tell me whether the stocks would interchange.

I took the part number they gave me and looked at the schematic and parts list on the Remington web site to try and cross reference the stocks. None of the 20ga & 12 ga stocks have the same part numbers so I'm right back where I started.

I sent Hogue an e mail but I have not received a reply yet.

I guess my next move is to stop by a local gun shop and try to measure a receiver to see if they are close.

If the 12 & 20ga stocks will interchange it will save me quite a bit of money and I'll have a lot more vendors to pick from.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
20 ***** and 12 ***** express stock and fore ends are NOT interchangable.

Here is a link to what you need: http://www.cabelas.com/information/Hunt ... 0492a.html

Below is from the Remington Website:

Black Synthetic Youth Stock and Fore-End - For factory fit and reliability, this youth version replacement stock fits all 12 gauge Model 870 shotguns. Both stock and fore-end are constructed of a sturdy, weather resistant, black synthetic material and the stock features a recoil-absorbing pad and one inch shorter length of pull. Convert any 12 gauge Model 870 to a youth model or update your older youth version with this handy synthetic stock and fore-end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts