Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any experience out there for my ? on Rem. ext. rifled choke tube? Rem. slugger box says can use in rifled barrels or w/rifled choke tubes. My experience with them and with sabot slugs in my Rem 11-87 is not very consistent for accuracy out to 80 yds. Maybe this topic has gotten treatment in this forum before so I may need a reference as a relative newbie. Thankx

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
You may want to try a few different loads of sabots to see if one of them gives more consistent and tighter groups.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Try shooting some with a little bit lower muzzle velocity. If you shoot too fast of a slug there's not enough length of rifling in order to get the slug spinning, unless you have a full rifled barrel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To Worc and Automag88:
Thanks for your replies and after more experimenting, I've returned my 11-87 to regular shotgun duties and picked up a great 870 with a rifled barrel for deer season. It works super and I wouldn't recommend a rifled choke tube for anything over 40 yd shooting.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Take the extended rifled choke off, put an improved cylinder in and shoot Federal Tru-Ball ammo.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 11-87 with the regular rifled choke tube. It will shoot foster-style slugs out to 75 yards in minute of whitetail. So far it hasnt let me down.

There are many much , more accurate guns out there, but for bambi blasting this does the job. I like it because it shoots cheapo slugs really good.

kb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts