Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdo All,
I have several flats of Rem. Game Load hulls in 20 ga that I've been loading using WAA20 wads , Win 209 primers and 800X powder with 7/8 oz AA hard shot with decent results. The bad thing is the 800X is hard to meter and dirty as all get out. Does anybody have info for a similar load but using Clays Universal powder? I would like to use the wads and primers I have on hand. The Rem. Game shells are dirt cheap when on sale at Bass Pro, thus the reason for this hull.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Have you checked the Hodgdons web site? Lots on data there! I believe the game load is the same data as the Preimer STS data. I know I use the same data with the same results using Solo 1250. Don't really make any difference whether it is the Remington or WW wad either. I'm not that anal about exact data for any particular hull or wad, but I been doing the loading and data research for some time now and it just isn't that critical. Look at the Hodgdon site just the same. I was amazed at how much data they had related to the new AA .410 HS hull, so I'd be surprised if what you want isn't there.

BP

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not used the 20ga loads, but I have used the 12ga loads. I have cut them open and compared them to the STS hulls. Other than the ribbed outer surface and the color, I can find no apparent difference. The hull is constructed of a good quality heavy plastic and appears to be as good as the STS to reload. They crimp well. I use the Hodgdon recipes off their Web site.

Charlie Nash

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also don't reload any 20 gauge, but in the 12 gauge the Game loads use the same recipe as the STS and really work well. I have been using them for sporting clays so that I can tell the difference between them and my skeet rounds. I get good tight crimps and consistent velocities and patterns. Here is a recipe directly from Hodgdon's site that uses your same components except International Clays powder. They don't have a 7/8 oz recipe using your wads and Universal powder but they do have some using other wads.

7/8 oz. /14.0 gr Internat'l Clays/Win. 209 /WAA20

These are 7/8 oz loads at 1200 fps

7/8 oz. /15.5 gr Universal /Win. 209 /Fed. 20S1
7/8 oz. /16.0 gr Universal /Win. 209 /Rem. RXP 20
7/8 oz. /16.0 gr Universal /Win. 209 /Windjammer

I hope that this helps you out---AFG

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys,
I'll have another look at the Hogdens site, the last time I looked it seemed their loads for Rem hulls used only Rem primers and wads. I have been curious whether the game load hull data was interchangeable with STS hulls, is this true with all published loads?
Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
country boy!

i shoot at the old nashville gunclub, big springs, gallatin gun club, and probably have shot with you. the universal clays works well in the remingon hull. i have a boatload of those rem. hulls and they load great. i load 16 gr with claybuster wad, and cheddite primers, and 7/8 oz. the cheddite primer is about equiv. to the ww209 primer. the univ. clays meters well and is very clean and soft shooting.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I use the 800x for 1 oz loads in 20ga, especially good in federal hull. Also use the international clays in 20ga 7/8oz load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.