Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was on our local news tonight that Remarms is moving the 700 line from the NY plant to their Georgia plant. They said no jobs would be impacted because they would be moved over to shotguns that are staying.
They're only making one shotgun and that's the 870 pump. LOL

· Registered
28,086 Posts
Of COURSE they will say that for NOW, until it is time to actually cut personnel

Reactions: DeanMk

· Registered
28,086 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Never understood the gun manufacturers in unfriendly to gun states.
I asked a friend of mine about that who is well known AR manufacturer. He is part of a large family and they are all live in the area. That coupled with all of his friends and extended family make it a difficult decision for him to up and move the company. I haven’t talked to him since Illinois passed this new AWB to see what his plans are but it has to be tough.

· Registered
1,969 Posts
Sure hope not.
Yeah....we don't want those companies to have to pay a single dime more than they have to pay to those greedy workers. I mean....we would all rather have guns built by minimum wagers rather than to have guns built by someone making $25-$30 an hour who actually gave a rats a$$ about the guns they were building.

Everyone complains about greedy corporations taking advantage of tax breaks and corporate welfare, but God forbid we let workers organize to protect themselves from abuse and low wages offered by those same greedy corporations.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, union workers make $200 more per week than non union workers. We can't have that now can we??

· Registered
1,259 Posts
Will the new factory have a union?

Yeah....we don't want those companies to have to pay a single dime more than they have to pay to those greedy workers. I mean....we would all rather have guns built by minimum wagers rather than to have guns built by someone making $25-$30 an hour who actually gave a rats a$$ about the guns they were building.

Everyone complains about greedy corporations taking advantage of tax breaks and corporate welfare, but God forbid we let workers organize to protect themselves from abuse and low wages offered by those same greedy corporations.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, union workers make $200 more per week than non union workers. We can't have that now can we??
GA is a right to work state, which is best for all involved.

· Registered
82 Posts
Did the bureau also calculate the cost of theft from those members from their reps local and international? Or the additional cost of being forced to pay for liberal policies that destroy what they work for? I'm sure they will comply when told to vote for their jobs, and then be happy when told by the person they voted for to find another trade. I have nothing against the idea of collective bargaining just every thing else that goes along with it. Might as well work for the mafia/cartels.

· Registered
1,259 Posts

Before or after dues are paid?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts