Shotgun Forum banner

Remarms moving 700 line

5K views 67 replies 28 participants last post by  SHughes 
#1 ·
So it was on our local news tonight that Remarms is moving the 700 line from the NY plant to their Georgia plant. They said no jobs would be impacted because they would be moved over to shotguns that are staying.
They're only making one shotgun and that's the 870 pump. LOL

#2 ·
Of COURSE they will say that for NOW, until it is time to actually cut personnel

Reactions: DeanMk
#10 ·
I asked a friend of mine about that who is well known AR manufacturer. He is part of a large family and they are all live in the area. That coupled with all of his friends and extended family make it a difficult decision for him to up and move the company. I haven’t talked to him since Illinois passed this new AWB to see what his plans are but it has to be tough.

#59 ·
And those states aren't unfriendly to gun manufacturing, just gun selling. If you have a paid off investment in CT, why would you take a loss to move to the South and start over again, barring incentives, of course. Smart businesses don't get in a snit over some imagined 2A insult and cut off their noses to spite their faces. Only shooters do that.

#46 ·
Whatever tax breaks they MIGHT get do not offset the huge costs incurred being in those states

Reactions: SonOfTeach
#18 ·
Did the bureau also calculate the cost of theft from those members from their reps local and international? Or the additional cost of being forced to pay for liberal policies that destroy what they work for? I'm sure they will comply when told to vote for their jobs, and then be happy when told by the person they voted for to find another trade. I have nothing against the idea of collective bargaining just every thing else that goes along with it. Might as well work for the mafia/cartels.

#45 ·
I always love the discussion of Union versus non-union jobs and how much the workers get paid. Granted union workers do on average make significantly more than non-union workers. However, something that is rarely taken into consideration is cost of living. Most unions are located in states with significantly higher costs of living than non-union States. If you compare the cost of living in New York versus Georgia you're going to find a significant difference. I live in a right to work state or as some call it a right to get fired state, but our cost of living is very low. It's really about how far your dollar goes.

#57 ·
I only worked at one company which had a union. I was one of the workers on the floor which meant I belonged to the union. I disliked it a lot. It was like the workers vs. the management. There was nothing in between. Rules, rules, rules. Too many rules! I would rather make a little less money and be able to have a normal relationship with my supervisors as well as my co-workers. Needless to say, this job did not last that long. I know money is important and we cannot live without it but I wasn't raised with this type of an adverse relationship. I always tried to do my best and believed if I did that I would be compensated fairly.
Now let's get back to talking about fun stuff; breaking clays with friends!(y)

#55 ·
I have spent too much time on the picket line to debate the pros of any union. I had to stand there silent and watch three men murdered on three different occasions and no one was prosecuted. Baseball bats burned in the barrels. The only people that ever benefited were union leaders. The people who lost were consumers. Look at the price of cars. Look what's happened to Teachers Unions, you're going to love seeing children having their parents jailed for a point of view. Next time you hire an electrician, plumber, or carpenter be sitting down when you get the bill. I have heard too many lies that sent companies into bankruptcy or moved overseas because of unions. And God bless Jimmy Hoffa, our hero.
Unions have done some good for Coal miners, but we don't make textiles here anymore. Do you think Robotics will ever have their own union?
It's just my opinion. Mike
PS: Honk your car horn if you agree or disagree.

#56 ·
I am a retired, licensed, union plumber, in the state of “Chicago”. I’ve worked in other states west and south, in the non-union sector. The wages, safety, skill level, and benefits of being union far exceed the non-union.
My son lives and works in Arizona, a RTW state, as an operating engineer. I know his wages are less than half of what one would make in our area. I don’t know if AZ unions have a training/apprentice program for its members like up here, or comparable benefit packages, but I hear him complain about substandard(non-qualified) coworker and supervisor performance.
I don’t agree with everything our local, or the UA, try to feed us, but I have no regrets and would much rather be represented by our union than attempt to survive elsewhere. I can honestly say if I weren’t, I’d still be working with very little insurance, pension opportunity, or income.

#58 ·
I have worked both. The unions think everybody owes them something and the worst among them is protected from firing. Always at odds with the company always on the edge of a strike, I’m in Alabama. A millwright making more and working all year, unlike my kind in Chicago good benefits and none union. Georgia is the same, last union I was in was “sorry for your bad luck “ when the lay offs came they had nothing for us.

#61 ·
Our jobs were lost to China because US companies decided that they value shareholders and profit more than they value the American worker. Companies (union and non union) are moving to the south because they can pay workers less. Products cost more partly because Democrats and Republicans have run up $31 Trillion in debt. Products cost more because of a global pandemic and the associated supply chain issues. Why do you need me to tell you these things? Look around you. Pay attention. These are obvious answers. You should not need me to tell you these things.

I hire tradesman and I gladly pay them whatever they tell me the job will cost.

If you want to blame the ills of the economy on the union worker, you're barking up the wrong tree. Union membership and representation is at an all time low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.