Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Remington has made a lot of 11-87s and 1100s (which are very similar except can't interchange light and heavy loads). They are good reliable guns and parts are cheap and easy to obtain. If the gun is in like new condition and has at least one choke tube in the barrel, $450 doesn't sound too far out of line. Most places charge about $600 for a new one. Extra tubes are only about $15, and can be found about anywhere, so I wouldn't sweat that.

If it is a 12 gauge, it will be great for general use. If it is a 20, it will still be pretty darned versatile since it has that 3" chamber, although it wouldn't be my first choice for waterfowl. The 20 is a lot handier to carry though.

An auto will need more cleaning than the pumps and SXS you're used to, but it is not that bad.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I think you'll like it. :D Cleaning isn't really that big a deal. I always dreaded it. Just got my first semiauto last summer. After every shooting session I just pull off the forearm and wipe the black crap off the magazine tube and the little rings that slide on it. Then I spray it with CLP and put it away. Every so often you'll need to drop the trigger assembly and clean the bolt and inside the receiver, but not as often. No malfunctions so far with either my SX-1 12 ga. or my 11-87 20 gauge, and I've been shooting puny 3/4 oz loads at about 1200 fps out of the 20 gauge. I love the lack of recoil, but I reload and I hate going on an Easter Egg hunt after every round, so I shoot my OUs mostly. Oh, BTW, I was in Gander Mountain today and they are asking almost $700 for a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.