Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local shop has a Remington 11-87 Premier in like new condition, but it's missing the box, literature and extra choke tubes. The asking price is $450. I broke it down and I really can't see any evidence that it's been fired. Sound like a good price? How about the model 11-87...good shotgun for general use? I'm a novice shotgunner and looking for advise. My shotguns to-date have been pump or side-by-sides.

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a 12 gauge Rem 11-87. Thanks for the feedback. It also has the Light Contour barrel and feels very handy...weight-wise. I haven't been bird hunting in close to 20 years. Back then it was with a Mossberg 835 and after a extended day of shooting doves, my shoulder told me about it. I'm getting into trap and Sporting Clays with some friends and thought an autoloader would give me a little less punishment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Sold my Remington 870 that I'd set up for USPSA competition tonight on gunbroker, so the finances are straight, the dealer is open tomorrow, and I'll have a Remington 11-87 soon.

Appreciate all the feedback.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made my first trip to the range today with my "new" Remington 11-87. Only fired 6 shots at the 50yd berm...had my son waiting to fire his 22LR rifle. Shot nice. It has been awhile since I shot a semi-auto shotgun. Much more pleasant than double barrels and pumps!

Thanks for the feedback. Your experiences and feelings on the Remington 11-87 helpled moving me the last step to buying it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The American version of IPSC....USPSA = United States Practical Shooting Association. They are typically the combat pistol shoots, but have evolved into tactical rfile and shotgun events too. Basic set up on my 870 was a extended mag tube (8rds), shortened forearm for a "Side Saddle" shell holder, and high visibility sights (turkey hunting fiber optics). This was a basic set up. The top shooters have all sorts of other gadgets for speedloading and such.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.