Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me anything about this shotgun??? 12Ga with nice configured walnut furniture and 30" barrel...any advantage over a "regular" 11-87 like the premier??? Just a longer barrel...I saw one (online) with 5 chokes and case supposed to be 98%. (only a partial picture, though)
Bill

·
Premium Member
19,768 Posts
Bill, the 1187 Sporting Clays is very similar to the current 1100 Sporting 12. They are both chambered for 2 3/4" shells only.

A few years ago, Remington went through several gyrations with the 1187. Remington considered, or perhaps DID, drop the 1100 from production of a few years, but it seemed that many people wanted a gun with the numbers 1100 on it instead of 1187, even though they were essentially the same thing (in 2 3/4"). So Remington brought the 1100 back and dropped the 1187 Sporting Clays. Now, if you want a new Remington auto that shoots only 2 3/4" shells, it is called the 1100. If I were you, I would consider the 1187 Sporting Clays as a used 1100. If the price is right and it's what you are looking for, I wouldn't be afraid to buy it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I didn't know it was 2 3/4" only...thanks again Ulysses!
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.