Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my 1100, but think I would like to get an adjustable stock for it. I saw someone with an 1100 with a green plastic & steel adjustable stock at the Prince George County Tap & Skeet ground, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him about it. Any suggestions on a source?

·
Registered
218 Posts
A club member recently purchased one of the Jack West stocks mentioned previously for a Remington 11-87 and he likes it a great deal. Two other club members have already ordered theirs from him as well after seeing it. The stock appeared to be very well made and has created no problems for the owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RemingtonII - Thanks for the link and the offer. The jwstock looks interesting, but I think the adjustable pad at the gunfitter web site might be more what I am looking for, while retaining what is darn good wood for a production gun. The gunfitter web site doesn't list a price for their pad, but I am guessing that the cost of it is significantly less than the cost of a new stock. So, I will probably give the pad a try first.

Nortonics- Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What are you trying to adjust on the gun? Make it shoot higher? Lower? Left? Right? Get the pad to sit more in your shoulder pocket?

That last one is all an adjustable butt plate is designed to do. To change where the gun is shooting you will need to at LEAST move the comb, which is done with an adjustable comb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.