Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remington 1100 chambered for 20 ***** magnum (3 inch shells). The gun is at least 25 years old but has not been shot much. Two gun shops were willing to go $200.
The one guy said that the value was low because their was not a lot of demand for 20 ***** magnum. He also said particularly since the Remingtonm 1100 in 20 magnum would shoot but not cycle standard 20 ***** shells.
Does anyone know much about this gun and what I should expect to get in a fair deal? Does the age make it more or less valuable? Is it true that the shotgun will only cycle correctly when using magnum shells.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Well, they are going for a decent profit, I found two magnum 20 ga's in the bluebook, the shops are offering about half the value listed there.

there was a discussion on the 2 3/4 in shells in either general or gunsmithing a while back, I think there is a bit of truth to that but it's correctable(?)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Heck I'd give you $250 for a 1100 20ga in good shape! Are you looking to sell or just getting a price?

If you are looking to trade in the gun on a new gun you will find that many dealers will not give you top dollar for your trade. They do have cost and will have to find a buyer and most likely clean a trade in gun up before placing it on the rack.

APEXDUCK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts