Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1100 LT-20 that's been in the family since the late 70s. Date code on the barrel is KO or KQ (last character could be either). I'm told that makes it a '77 or '78 model. Has 28" Mod barrel. I've taken it to a few local dealers to see what they would offer but was unimpressed with their number. They rated it 95-98%. What's this thing actually worth?

Thanks for any info, folks.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Selling on Gunbroker would be the only way to find out. Check sold auctions.
Plain barrel, $400, ribbed, $550 max. Just a guess.
A year or two ago I brought a pretty nice 1187 into a shop, they offered $150.
I sold it here on this site to a local guy for $500.

Jim

Reactions: butwhat

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
A guy I shoot with bought a very clean, possibly never fired gun like yours with 28" vent rib full choke barrel a few months ago for $500. I think he got a good deal. I see asking prices significantly higher than that now that Remington is out of business.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
98% = 600.00. Subtract 10% if it doesn't have vent rib barrel. 95% = $475.00. Subtract 10% for no vent rib barrel. It went new full MSRP $665.00. Discontinued in 1995. Remember most brokerage sites take a commission.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think people mistake retail dealer pricing for neighbor pricing. You MIGHT get an 1100 from a neighbor for $500. It probably won’t be a 20 gauge. The dealers, who have a 20 gauge, in a different configuration, say, trap, skeet, All Weather, or, whatever, are NOT going to sell you that gun for $500.

They aren’t your neighbor.

Figure $750 to $900, from a dealer. Just my observation since Covid and the bankruptcy, prices are higher then they were even a year ago.

Phage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts