Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shell lifter on a 1979 1100 Trap gun I have is not re-setting. This afternoon the gun began to fail fire after loading a round into the chamber. A shell loaded into the magzaing will load to the magazine but the shell lifter will not re-set and while in battery, the trigger is inoperable.

I recall seeing a thread on the shell lifter/trigger disconnector but can't find it this evening. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
74 Posts
It is possible that the disconnector linkage has "flipped". On the left side of the fire control; check to see that the leg of the disconnector ( forward piece) has not flipped over the connector leg. When the disconnector is actuated down, the connector should lift up.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swift River,

That is a pretty good description of what I see. I was about to pull the trigger group to see what it takes to put what looks like flat, angled piece of metal back in its track. Currently it has ridden up over another piece of the works.

FS

Update. That was the problem. Any ideas what causes this? This is the first time I've seen this and have shot several 1100 a lot.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts