Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 1970 Remington 1100 12 gauge, which I like very much. I bought it really cheap as an experiment, and it is very, very used. The metal surfaces inside the receiver are razor sharp from use, and other intestinal parts are also showing signs of heavy wear.

I have now been offered a nice deal for an unused, 1999 model 1100 Special Field with a 26" barrel and Rem chokes.

The magazine tube are shorter in this Special Field, is it possible to change this tube without advanced gunsmithing or soldering? I´d like to have the longer tube, just for the fun of it.

Are the barrel and seals the same for short/long magazine tubes?

Thank you for any input!

What other things does "Special Field" mean?

i have been told that it is possible to improve the 1100´s cycling of lighter loads by shortening the action spring, is it a good idea to do this, and keep a full lenght spring for heavier loads?
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.