Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
MJM-- no one can help you because Laib's has all the parts... I don't think a suggestion that directs you to the uncontested king of gunsmithing on 3200's is bad advice! What more do you want?

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
mjm 3200 said:
There used to be hundreds if not thousands of gunsmiths that worked on 3200's and I know there were thousands of people who used them over the years.
Most of those gunsmiths are dead, retired, or no longer working on 3200's. They *HAVE* been out of production for more than 25 years. Most of the shooters who were shooting them have retired them for better and newer guns. Mine makes it out of the safe once or twice a year...

Laib's is the last man standing...

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
mjm 3200 said:
We have quite a number of 3200's still going strong at the club so they aren't exactly boat anchors yet.
I only know of one guy in my area who still shoots one regularly... they have become an uncommon sight at our clubs, despite the fact that almost everyone owns one and Remington isn't all that far from us. We've actually got some of the nicest wood on our local guns that I've seen. I'm told many of the old Remington employees would take the nicest pieces of wood and sell them locally, which might explain it...

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
davel583 said:
most likely due to their kinship to K-32's.
Ummm... you do know that the only thing they share in common is the style of the lockup mechanism right? There's not a single part on the 3200 that will fit a K-32. Study up on your gun history before you make definitive statements like that...

Remington sold off the rights to the original M-32 in the 50s... biggest mistake they ever made! The 3200 was a poor attempt at a knockoff that looked something like the M-32 without getting into infringement lawsuits.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Customstox said:
He did not say the parts were a swap back and forth, he only mentioned the "kinship" which they have if not in name only. You might read more carefully before you fly off the handle at someone. He does sound like he knows how to solve the problem.
There's as much kinship between the K-32 and the 3200 as their is between the M-32 and the Remington Spartan. No ifs ands or buts, he was comparing the Krieghoff to the Remington, which is an erroneous, and completely inaccurate kinship.

I wasn't "flying off the handle", but this notion of the 32 (and K-80 for that matter) and 3200 somehow being related keeps coming up again and again... mostly from the well meaning but ignorant who repeat what they heard from some ignoramus at their gun club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.