Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wants to sell his Remington 870 express. It has a 28" vent rib turkey barrel on it. He said that he has put about 100 rounds of #8 shot through it. I was thinking about picking up the gun just for the hell of it and would like to make him a reasonable offer on the gun. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have paid from 155 to 250 for used 870's. Express models should not cost too much as the wood grade is very low and the finish is, well, Express.
I think that the new combo's are in the upper 300's now from the big chain stores and these have two barrels. Barrels are nearly 100 bucks from the factory so your back into the 200 and change range.
If it's a friend of yours and the gun is new, why not just knock like fifty bucks off of what he paid?
What is a 28" turkey barrel? Is this a 28" barrel with rem chokes and a turkey choke installed?
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no idea what a 28" turkey barrel is. That's what he told me it had on it. I wrote down and posted what he said....lol. Good idea about knocking fifty bucks off what he paid. He is a good friend of mine and also a supervisor where I work so I really don't want to screw him over. He was talking about trying to get $100 bucks for the gun. I have not seen the gun but I figure it is in good condition. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
185 Posts
100 bux??? :shock: JUMP ON IT!!!
Bill 8) :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would buy almost any shotgun for 100.00. For get the "knock off 50" suggestion, unless he paid 100 for it!
Good deal.

Mike

·
Registered
285 Posts
Coolbreeze, do NOT buy that gun for $100! You are getting screw**! It is NOT worth it! :roll:

What you should do is send ME a pm telling me this guy's name and phone number--I'll straighten him out for you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts