Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this topic specific in Remington and thought I might add it here for general view since I cant possibly be the only one who bought a new 870 and HATES the saw teeth on the vent rib. What the heck can we do about this?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Dogrobber said:
I posted this topic specific in Remington and thought I might add it here for general view since I cant possibly be the only one who bought a new 870 and HATES the saw teeth on the vent rib. What the heck can we do about this?
Try sawing a nail into. That always took my Dads saw teeth off, course I got my butt blistered for using his good saw. :lol:

If you HATE the rib so much, why did you buy the gun? If I hated something that much about a gun, I'd be looking at a different gun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to be specific, I hate the rib not the gun. Truthfully there is always something isnt there?. It had a smooth action, much better than I expected on a WalMart Express gun. Much better metal than the birch stock guns I have seen. The guard was metal and I was expecting plastic. The barrel is a heavyweight cut for choke tubes, so thats good.

Just that rib. I guess I already know the answer, replace the rib, but I hoped I wasnt alone with the problem. And the stock is really nice for a working gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.