Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this gun for a number of years having gotten it from a friend who is now deceased. Can anyone tell me how I might find out the specifics such as: year of manufacture, what type of choke the barrel has, approx. value, exact model (SP, etc.). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I thought the Wingmasters had the choke stamped on the barrel unless it had screw in chokes, approx value can't really be guessed at unless the specific model is known. ( I was thinking some models had it on the side of the bolt) .

You might try contacting Remington's Historian at the corporate offices http://www.remington.com/aboutus/companyinfo.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back in July you were asking questions about a Remington 870 Wingmaster. Check out the Remington website, it is very good and has lots of information.

I would like to tell you that this is a VERY good shotgun, and is also very popular. The Military has been using this shotgun since (I think) VietNam. Also, this shotgun is used by police all over the country. It is a very reliable shotgun. Since it's been around so long, there are MANY after market products for it. Just check out Cabela's or any other outdoor magazine or catalog. If they offer parts for any shotgun, they will offer it for the 870.

Also, there are two types of this shotgun: 870 Express, and 870 Wingmaster. The Wingmaster is the higher end version (possibly sturdier parts, shinier metal finish, and shinier wood finish).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My fixed-choke Wingmasters all have the choke stamped on the left side of the barrel just in front of the receiver.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiker4321 said:
I have had this gun for a number of years having gotten it from a friend who is now deceased. Can anyone tell me how I might find out the specifics such as: year of manufacture, what type of choke the barrel has, approx. value, exact model (SP, etc.). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts