Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the group...
For those of you that have done the Remington/Dicks Sporting Goods rebate, how long did you have to wait for your rebate $$. It has been nearly a month since I sent it in and heard nothing.. I know it's only a dollar per box but $10 is still $10.
Thanks

·
Registered
26,624 Posts
It has nothing to do with Remington, it's a Dick's promotion; I'm almost two months now waiting, hoping to see it soon. This is my second one, the first took about 8 weeks as well.....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
They take awhile, but I've always eventually gotten them

·
Registered
540 Posts
oneounceload said:
It has nothing to do with Remington, it's a Dick's promotion; I'm almost two months now waiting, hoping to see it soon. This is my second one, the first took about 8 weeks as well.....
Mine took almost three months. I had some $10-off coupons too, so I was getting flats for $40 last fall, taking the rebate into account. When I tried to score the same coupons this year, I noticed that the fine print now says they're not valid for ammo. Dicks!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
toivo said:
oneounceload said:
Mine took almost three months. I had some $10-off coupons too, so I was getting flats for $40 last fall, taking the rebate into account. When I tried to score the same coupons this year, I noticed that the fine print now says they're not valid for ammo. Dicks!
When I tried to use one on ammo (without the ammo in the fine print) they STILL tried to not honor it by the "Other exclusions may apply" fine print :x

I pitched a fit told them they were living up to their name and pointed out that they if their arguement was valid then the coupon might as well be worthless since they could at their descrection "exclude" anything else in the store. They eventually let me use it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
And rebates are stupid!!! Just lower the price!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Rebates help generate sales at higher prices on average since less than 100% of those eligible for rebates send in for them. So the true cost to the company is less than the face amount of the rebate, plus interetst earned (on holding the funds) less adminatrative costs, net net... they make more and get you into their store with the hope of buying other goods.

What bugs me is that Dick's sells these sheels for 59.98 (without rebate) a flat and Cabelas sells them for 69.98 a flat.

·
Registered
26,624 Posts
And Gander Mountain sells them for 79.98 a flat here........It took me over 5 months to find anything in that store I was willing to use a gift card for, their prices are so outrageous

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I haven't bought any shells at Dicks for a while. Now that they no longer honor the $10 "checks" they send you when it comes to ammo, I don't think I will be, either. Too bad ... with the $10 off and that purchase then counting toward the next $10 "check," it was pretty sweet. My guess: Given the demand of late, they figured there was just no reason to give a discount on ammo. I may still hit the clearance racks, 'cause I can wear some of their clothes to work ... but that's about it. Dick's isn't exactly cheap unless you score a sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was allowed to use the $10 coupons on ammo at the Dick's in Plymouth, MA.
The reason they use mail-in rebates instead of lowering prices is that a good percentage of people never send the rebate requests in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to all... I will continue to wait and then go set some more with some additional coupons. I have been using those coupons out of an entertainment book - three of the $10 off $50 $15 off $75 and $25 off $100. So if I buy the entertainment book (with LOTS of coupons for everything) for $20 plus add the rebate I can tolerate a little pain in dealing with the organization... (our house are BIG coupon users - kinda like free money). The Dick's in Oswego IL has always been very acommodating but others---- well, notsomuch..
Thanks again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.