Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
bayoushooter7 said:
I'm just glad they didn't post it on Thursday.

I'm with everyone else in expecting that this will prove to be false, but I'm hoping to be wrong.
Me too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, I saw a story yesterday about the preliminary agreement with the union, but I didn't want to come here and sunshine on anyone's wake.

And truthfully, at this point, I'll not get too excited until some product gets shipped.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Vette Jockey2 said:
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that no product will be coming out of that factory by the end of April.
Depends on what parts are currently still sitting in bins or in various stages of completion.

I'm extremely dubious that they are starting from dead square one here with not a screw, pin, or spring in sight.

With the complete unavailability of all Remington parts for the past 6 months, and the lack of secondary market availability from any of the known gun and parts liquidators (CDNN, Numrich, Sarco, ect) there is likely a boatload of parts sitting in Ilion just waiting to be assembled. If there wasn't, it would be pretty obvious setting up new contracts and getting parts production rolling again from third party suppliers in less than 30 days would be basically impossible (Remington actually MAKES a vast minority of their gun components, they basically make barrels and actions in house, very nearly EVERYTHING else is jobbed out to a plethora of machine shops, injection molders, ect), so I would assume they have a pretty good grasp that they'd be able to get SOMETHING out the door fairly quickly.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
As I have said many times. I hope RemArms succeeds in making what we collectively refer to as "Remington" guns here in the USA. I fully expect that they will make many mistakes along the way. Personally I adhere to the philosophy of "Under Promising, and Over Delivering." So far RemArms has not taken this approach. They have boasted of unrealistic deadlines and when they have not been able to deliver it has tarnished their as yet unearned reputation.

I also don't think they will deliver any guns in April, but I guess they could have a small quantity of guns ready to go, but I would not consider getting a few guns out the door a full fledged return to production. They have a very deep hole to dig themselves out of and it will take time and lots of money. I would rather see them hold up production to get the quality right. I am a patient man, a well made gun a year from now is a far better thing than a poorly made gun next month.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Road Man said:
As I have said many times. I hope RemArms succeeds in making what we collectively refer to as "Remington" guns here in the USA. I fully expect that they will make many mistakes along the way. Personally I adhere to the philosophy of "Under Promising, and Over Delivering." So far RemArms has not taken this approach. They have boasted of unrealistic deadlines and when they have not been able to deliver it has tarnished their as yet unearned reputation.

I also don't think they will deliver any guns in April, but I guess they could have a small quantity of guns ready to go, but I would not consider getting a few guns out the door a full fledged return to production. They have a very deep hole to dig themselves out of and it will take time and lots of money. I would rather see them hold up production to get the quality right. I am a patient man, a well made gun a year from now is a far better thing than a poorly made gun next month.
Could not agree more as to the importance of turning out a quality product from the jump. That's assuming, of course, that ANY product will be forthcoming. I recall sometime back that it was stated that only when the actual production line staff were satisfied with quality would product begin to leave the line. Don't know if that still would hold true, but it would be good if it did IMO.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have already moved on. If they come back, great. If they don't, well I sold
all my Remington stuff except a 20 ga Wingmaster, and an M3200. The reason
I did not sell them, they ain't worth much, and I shoot them really well. Other
than that, I have become a Beretta and Winchester guy, A300 and SX1. The
Beretta works good, and did not cost much, has my own stocks built for it,
the SX-1, I probably have a grand total of $200 in it, and no one wants to buy
it either. Even if they did want it, at $200 I would not even bother to sell it.
Maybe I will see if I can shoot it to death.

I did just get an email from the person who bought my 1100 mag, which I
worked over, put a light contour barrel, Remchokes, synthetic monte
carlo stocks, light pull target trigger sear spring. He bought it for his kid.
The gun shoots like dream, the kid just won a bunch of meddles with it.

We are both happy, the kid will probably keep the gun forever and never
find anything that shoots better. I am happy having cut down my arsenal
to more manageable levels and to actually have made money on the
Remingtons I sold. We both won.

Life is good today.

·
Registered
28,181 Posts
No parts or service for any Remington firearms in circulation. No customer service, no engineers, no product managers, no source for steel or stocks. No working phone numbers.

"RemArms" has their news on their website: https://www.remarms.com/news/ . There is no news for 2020 or 2021. Instead, just an inane, anonymous Instagram post claiming the bizarre notion that Remington is somehow back. Some people will believe anything.

Although it takes 200 people to populate the hoary 870 line, only forty-five people are rumored to be brought back. What it is that they might be doing, exactly, is anyone's guess. If you believe anything coming out of RemArms, the Versa-Max is dead, the V3 is dead, the 1100 is dead, and the 11-87 is dead.

Even if they can find someone to sell them plastic stocks and choke tubes, they are still 150 people short of what it takes to cobble them together with no orders, no pricing, no warranty in sight. Again, if you believe the comments from Roundhill, next in line is the 700. There is no shortage of bolt-action rifles in this country, but they claim they are going to make some anyway . . . eventually.

Some have a far different version of "being back" than the norm.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Relax fellers. Especially some of you who thought you were connected, or in the know.

They're either gonna come back, or not. They're either gonna put out a product we like, or not. No one here is gonna live or die either way.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts