Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: I have one manufractured in 1923 according to the serial number and the barrel stamp near the receiver. My came with a 30 inch vent rib barrel and a 20 inch plain barrel. I havn't shot it yet but I am looking forward taking it to the Skeet Range soon.
Tom C.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I used to have a Remington 11 that I'd bought used. The previous owner had shortened the barrel to 18 1/4" and had drilled and tapped a bead sight onto it. It had a solid rib (which is rare), a slim forearm, and brass insets on the grip. The finish had become browned and well-aged. The forearm had a crack in it, though. I used to shoot it one-handed like a pistol occasionally (which is more easily done with a Mossberg 500 Cruiser).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 7 model 11s in various gauges & am always looking at others. I believe that a vent rib bbl is much more uncommon than a solid rib, in fact I've never seen or heard of one with a factory v.r. I have 4 with a solid rib. I may be wrong on this, I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

humpback

·
Registered
531 Posts
I meant rare in the sense that nowadays you see mostly vent ribs regardless of make and model. You don't see a lot of solid ribs on modern guns (discluding doubles).

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a number of model 11's in all of the gauges and a few high grades. A couple of them have vent rib barrels, several have solid ribs. My observation is that plain barrels are most common, then solid ribs, and the fewest have vent ribs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My father in law gave me his dad's model 11 this Christmas were can I find information on this weapon. I have been to Remingtons site and found an article and I have been to the Rifle Information page too. What I am looking for is what kind of shot can I use in it and general maintenance info. It is a 12 ***** with a Poly choke on it . Any information would be great
thanks.

send response's to

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts