Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I purchased an experienced Remington 11-48. 12 gauge, 2 3/4 inch, full choke. According to the Remington Society's page on dates of manufacture...

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/que ... arrelcodes

... my shotgun was made in 1948. The barrel code is PTT. 'P' is June, and 'TT' is 1948.
The serial number is 5000xxx. One of the first one thousand made?

The firearm needs a bit of TLC. there is a bit of rust at the choke, scratches in front of the trigger guard, stock nicks and dings and an incipient (or repaired) crack on the butt, left side, just behind the receiver (dropped on it's toe?).

My question is: Has anyone ever found an 'on-line' manual? I do not want to do a good disassembly 'cold'.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I believe if you email or call Remington, they will send you a copy of a manual.

I have had a few 48s, still have a couple. They are easy to dissassemble. Push the pin out & the trigger group comes out.
Everything else should be easy. If the barrel is out, the bolt should slide out also. It's been a while since I took one apart. I just figured it out as I went the first time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
TCBF, The 11-48 is a fine gun, I shot one for 35 years. HOWEVER do not lubricate the magizine cyclinder where the recoil spring rides. To do so increases the speed of the recoil and can damage the receiver. Ask me how I know this. :(
Have fun. Get a copy of the manual, I wish I did.
Stonecove

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thank all of you for your help.

The Remington website has a place to order out of date manuals. I have sent them an e-mail requesting one.

Thanks again!

Tom

·
Registered
566 Posts
TCBF,

FYI I requested one of these last year (just to have) and it took so long that I actually forgot that I really requested it. I just thought I would let you know so you are ready for the wait :lol: :lol: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.