Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST PURCHASED THIS GUN FROM AN OLDER GENTLEMEN WHO NEVER USED IT. THE ONLY THING HE HAD DONE TO IT WAS PUT A NEW BARREL ON IT. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY HE WOULD HAVE TO DO IT AND CAN SOMEONE ALSO SHED SOME LIGHT ON ANY PROBLEMS YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH THIS GUN. IT WAS MADE BACK IN 1990. THANKS. (12 GAUGE, 28" BARREL)

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
First, all caps means that you are YELLING.

Maybe he wanted a longer or shorter barrel, a different rib, or damaged the original barrel somehow. Ask the seller why he changed it... we can't answer that for you.

As far as problems, I've had none. I changed an o-ring that disintegrated on a sub-zero day, but that doesn't really count.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There was a Class action law suit that this gun may have been a part of. My 11-87 was. Remington sent you somewhere around $70 for a new barrell. He may have taken the money and purchased a new barrel. I tok the money and bought another gun. I've shot around 4-5k shots through it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IS IT A GOOD GUN TO GO SHOOT SPORTING CLAYS WITH? THAT WAS THE REASON I BOUGHT IT, AND THE FACT IT ONLY COST ME 375.00. I WORK FOR THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE "GRAND" RELOADER AND I HELPED HIM OUT SETTING IT UP AND SO HE CUT ME A DEAL.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Again, please turn off your caps lock, it means you are YELLING.

It could be a fine gun for sporting clays. What barrel does it have? How long is the barrel? I assume it has choke tubes (were there any that were fixed choke)? If it's a trap setup it will be hard to shoot sporting clays with, but if it's a flat shooter you should be fine as long as the gun fits you ok...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I imagine this guy is either quite young or quite old. :roll:

PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK...AND YES I'M YELLING AT YOU TO DO SO. LEAVING THE CAPS LOCK ON IS REALLY ANNOYING. :!: :!: :!: :evil:

Furthermore, I used my 11-87 for sporting clays for years. I don't remember what all versions they made but mine was just the base model. I believe all came with screw in chokes. If you are going to do a lot of shooting I would buy better chokes then Rem-Chokes but that is just me. Other than that, the gun should be perfectly safe. If you have any doubts take it to a gunsmith. That is how people handle all of these things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts