Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Mod. 11 12ga. I am having trouble finding assembly/disassambly insructions. I know it is a recoil operated action similar to Browning auto-5. I have completely cleaned the whole gun. I am not sue about the position of the components that go on the magazine tube/under forearm. I believe I read that the postion is determined by the type of load being used.(lo/high brass) \
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Walt

·
Registered
744 Posts
You need to get the instruction manual from Remington (free). The friction ring goes against the spring with the outside bevel side next to the spring. If there is no outside bevel, the inside bevel goes away from the spring. The friction ring goes on the muzzle end of the spring. If you are using light load shells and it won't cycle, put the friction ring on the receiver end of the spring (same rule applies about the bevel). The bronze friction piece and it's collar are the last things to slide on the tube (on the muzzle end). They are great guns-have fun.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
The Book Firearms Assy/Disassy Part 5 has the Auto-5 which I used to completly strip my 11. Also the DVD from AGI is a definite plus if you like these firearms.
Doing a complete strip you should have good screwdrivers!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! I will contact Remington and follow your suggestions. It looks like a great gun to play with. Mine came with a Cutts Compensator, ugly as hell but seems to go with the overall shape of the gun. Choke tube are still available at Brownells and others. It should raise a few glances on the skeet field.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some of these guns with a cutts compensator need to have the friction piece set for the lightest loads for reliable ejection. send me an email to wrcjunk[at]mchsi[dot]com and I will send you a scan of an original hang tag with the instructions on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts