Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've wanted a A5 for some time now. I walk into a pawnshop today looking for gag-gifts. My eye goes to an old well worn A5 sitting in the gun rack. I don't get excited...then I see it has a rib AND is marked at $195! I get excited.

Turns out it is a Remington 11. Its is well used and will need a new stock (I will probably get a new forend also...mismatched wood doesn't do it for me.) On a very quick look over I didn't see any piting or gouges in the metal. I get the impression this was some old-timers gun that used it ALOT but took care of it and now the old timer is gone and so is its home.

12gauge, with the "funky" safety (which is great for a lefty like me) Is this a fair price for something that I'll need to restock? I'll likely buy a bare wood and finish it myself.

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
Not bad for a M11 project gun. If you fix it up correctly you will have a gun that is worth about what you put into it. That seldom happens these days.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks A5. I've read to be careful of worn friction plates? I've also read that A5/M11 are not disassembly-friendly. Are there any ispection tips/tricks to these guns. I've been told to "twist" the reciever against the barrel and forearm. Like said, I already know a stock/forearm will be in order. Bluring my come a few years down the road if I grow fond of it. Then again, I just like old guns in general so I may never touch the blueing. Does blueing hurt the value?

BTW, Does the barrel reading something along the lines of: Made by Remington Arms under Browning patent# XXXXXXX mean an original barrel?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.