Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
the knoxx has a shock absorber spring and cam mechanism. you can shoot 20 slugs and walk away without a bruise on your shoulder.

i don't have that one, but i got the regular old compensating stock without the pistol grip. it works.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
i own one...

spend your $$$ on the Knoxx... i still can't find a thing i would change on mine except i added the Hogue grip for a better feel and a place to put my fingers :)

recoil reduction, way better follow up shots AND NOW my wallet gets tired quicker than my shoulder... ie. 200 rounds in a session is easy... and that wasn't the case with my wood-stocked 870 at all...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How proper is it to use a knoxx for clay target shooting at the range? Would I be made of a fool there ? lol Im kinda new to this and im kinda wondering if I can use this thing for HD and clay/target??

Oh and could I install my R-3 pad on the Knoxx or does the knoxx already have a pretty good pad on it?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
some shotgun clay clubs are pretty upitty, but others are less so. bring it out in conventional form until you get to be a familiar face out at the range.

I brought my green 870 out for a couple of rounds(for fun) since it has a choke now. I also have a 30 inch full barrel and a 1 shot extension that tones down any tactical look. I shoot with that setup usually.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
dasanii19 said:
How proper is it to use a knoxx for clay target shooting at the range? Would I be made of a fool there ?
This is just my opinion, and worth only what you take from it, but the only way you can be made a fool is if you allow it. In other words, shoot what you want and to heck with the "uppity" bunch. They crap out of the same orifice as you do.

·
Registered
421 Posts
First thing I did when I installed my specops stock was remove the butt pad.....You dont need it, unless LOP is an issue. The stock itself reduces the recoil to almost nothing. I use mine with body armor so I need a short LOP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.