Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a shortage of Remington FIG8 and TGT12 wads as of late. I'm talking about 5000 or 10000 at a time from places like Recobs or Midwest Shooters. They're sold out.

STS primers also seem to be in short supply when buying large qty's.

I know Remington had a problem with targets/target pitch last summer.

Does anybody know what is happening with Remington, or why there is a shortage?

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I got about 10 cases of Remington targets awhile back from Wally World that were definitely products of the bad pitch mix. Couldn't throw the things out of a Trius trap without 'em breaking.

Apparently, the pitch mix problem is fixed because I got 10 cases recently and they all fly out of my 200-target Pro-Matic Harrier without incident.

In fact, I've had the local Wally World order me a pallet of them.

I have no idea what's going on with Remington. It closed the Ada, OK, target plant and seems to have shrunk its target market to Wally World and Dick's Sporting Goods.

One problem I know exists is that there's only one plant making and selling target pitch in the U. S.

Since I haven't been in the market lately for Remington primers or wads I have no idea what's going on with those.

Winchester had a primer shortage awhile back, which seems to be resolved now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't know about the wads, but did just talk with our normal local supplier yesterday about primers. They said they hadn't been able to get any Remington primers at all and were also having some trouble getting Win primers.

The shop's comment was that they were getting excuses about Iraq consuming all the primers, but neither the shop, nor I, find that a particularly adequate explanation. Unless there's a shortage of some key raw material I'm thinking that's just an excuse for something else ... like maybe price increases. The shop also told me that their primer prices for win and rem are going up to around $120 per case... about 15% increase.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The shop's comment was that they were getting excuses about Iraq consuming all the primers, but neither the shop, nor I, find that a particularly adequate explanation
Well I dont think they are consuming the primers, However they may have a contract that is consuming all the manpower thay can supply..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts