Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about the quality of these scopes. I'm not a scope snob and have never owned a Leupy, How do they stack up to a Nikon pro-staff, a high end simmons, or a weaver?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know a guy that bought a barrel with one of the Remington marked scopes, he used it last deer season and it held it's zero. It's probably made by Tasco or Bushnell, so it would probably be good for a few seasons. I've had good luck with Tasco and Simmons scopes on smaller caliber varmint rifles, but a Shot gun shooting slugs puts alot of stress on a scope so I'd spend a little more and get a good scope. I have a Weaver classic on my slug gun and have never had to adjust the scope from the first time I sighted it in 6 years ago.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have a Bushnell Banner shotgun scope on my 870. It's held its zero for the last 4 seasons with over 60 shots through the gun. (I shot it alot.)

I can't complain, but I do like the reticle on my Nikon Pro-staff.

I only bought the Bushnell because it had a longer eye relief... I don't like getting bit by the scope.

Are the Remington scopes made by Bushnell?

Maggs

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Really I asked because there was one fir sale in the classifieds and I was looking for a scope for my .22. Today I bought a cheapo center point at walmart so its covered now. I had a Nikon pro-staff and a simmons A-tec that I liked so I was wondering how it stacked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts