Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I have used some of the sporting clays nitro shells. I don't use them any more.

I don't see the need to use that hot of a shell so to speak for any of the clay bird shooting available to me around here.

After a long day of lots of birds those things can wear you down.

I have been using either 1 oz at 1180 or 1 1/8 oz at 1145 for everything and feel less beat up at the end of the day.

·
Administrator
23,336 Posts
cowpoke said:
I have used some of the sporting clays nitro shells. I don't use them any more.

I don't see the need to use that hot of a shell so to speak for any of the clay bird shooting available to me around here.

After a long day of lots of birds those things can wear you down.

I have been using either 1 oz at 1180 or 1 1/8 oz at 1145 for everything and feel less beat up at the end of the day.
Well said :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
A couple of top shots in the USA (Cherry and Mauldin) use those shells. 1 1/8 oz of #7 1/2 with a velocity of 1300ft/sec.

They're too hot for me. I prefer 1 oz #8 at 1280 ft/sec but will carry a box of Remington Nitro 27 1 1/8 oz #7 1/2 at 1235 ft/sec for those longer targets.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Remington Nitro 1 1/8 oz. are 1250 fps, very nice shooting shells. The Remengton Priemer Nitro Sporting are the really hot load that Cherry and Mauldin shoot. The problem I have with the Remingtons is price, they are expensive.

RTA48

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I'm a believe in them. They are hot momma's. You don't just break targets, they simply disappear. Half the time there isn't even dust left. In comp they have no equal. The report of them is loud though. I really notice the noise from my ported gun. These things are very close to a magnum field loads. I really appreciate the inflex recoil pad of my Cynergy shooting them. :wink: Honestly I think maybe the nitro 27s might be more like it as a great all around sporting load, but you want to turn a few heads and crush targets with aggression then the nitro sportings rein supreme.

I wouldn't recommend them out of an auto. Too much fire from the breach to suit me! Nothing like torching your eyebrows off. HOT HOT HOT :lol:

As far as success my last round was 49/50 with them. I'm not too upset with that. :wink:

I like shooting the nitro sporting the best But there is others that have proved to be good performers like.

Nitro 27's, Fiocchi White Rino & Little Rino, Winchester Super Handicap or their Super Sports.

These are the factory loads I really like and shoot when I'm not shooting something I brewed up at home...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts