Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some information on the Remington (Spartan/Baikal) SPR210. I have seen/read a few mixed reviews, from people who handled or shot the guns maybe once. I would like to get some real "user" referances for these guns. Can anyone provide me with some real "user" feedback good or bad.....

The gun would mostly be used for upland game, and some clays.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a Spartan SPR210 in .410 bore. It is a very sturdily built gun. A wee bit on the hefty side for a .410, but it is lighter than my new Marlin 410 lever. Lock-up is tight and secure. The selective trigger and ejectors work great. The fit and finish of the wood is not very nice. I did some shaping and sanding, followed by a satin Tru-Oil finish. It definitely changed the personality of the gun. It is choked a bit tighter than I like, but it works on Ruffed Grouse for me. All-in-all, it is a fine SxS for the money. I would have prefered a Parker or Smith, but even a WELL used .410 is worth a 4 digit price! Go into it with an open mind, and you will be okay. I knew what I was getting into and anticipated the woodwork. It did not enhance the function, just the looks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I happened to in Big5 last night and noticed that they had an SPR310 12/28 in their rack. It had a sold tag on it, but I was able to look at, and shoulder it. I may have actually been fondling it a little much, as I heard a voice from the back/side room saying "Hey, you're not selling my gun are you?". It was the field model and had decent looking wood (sort of dark, with good grain). The wood was not super smooth & glossy, and was a little thick in the mating surfaces. However, I did not find it to be a problem for me. This was the first O/U that I've shouldered, and it felt pretty good. If these guns shoot as well and are as reliable as what I've read, it just might be the double I'm looking for. I can't afford a lot. Besides, I'm looking for a solid, dependable (field) gun, not something to just hang on the wall as a conversation piece. I need to find a shop that has both the 210 & 310 in stock to compare against each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts