Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Cabellas in Austin, I noticed 2 105s in the used gun section. I have really been interested in buying one, but it worries me that a gun you can rarely find in Houston is already being sold by very recent owners. What is the deal on this new model?

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
cycle problems :oops:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Many problems with the CTi105. Failure to feed/eject,trigger & magazine problems. Many posting on the problems with shotgunworld. I would not buy a new or used one now, until Remington corrects their problems.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'd steer clear of them personally. There arn't many about over here and the few there are seem to be loaded with problems, especially cycling issues. They have no re-sale value over here mainly because they are so cartridge fussy.

Leeboy

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
If you don't mind what were they selling used ones for?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a shooting buddy that bought one...had HORRIBLE issues and sent it back.

They sent a new one. More than a few changes were made from his first gun to his new one.

After he got his new gun he fired 500 rounds at sporting clays using factory AA shells....NOT ONE JAM OR MISHAP!

I like the gun....I'd just be sure your getting a "new" one.

I think they've got it figured out...but they gotta get all the headaches out there reworked.

I wouldn't buy used. PERIOD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in Houston Texas, we have Gander Mountain, Bass pro-shop and Carters country among many other dealers, when-ever they get any 105s they are snapped up. But I saw a benelli ultra-light at Gander Mountain and it was a dream to hold. Just might go that route...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well some guys at the shop have had to bring back 2 for issues relating to cycling, ejection and firing lighter loads Remington even replaced one of them.
They have had more than a few problems with this gun and alot of returns.
I do wish that they would get the issues fixed I would like to pick one up but there is still to this date to many going back to Remington.
I understand there is alot of problems even with 3" rounds and since the gun was suppose to be released in 2005 I think that says it all they had issues before 2005 and just released it in the first few months of 07 anyway even with problems.
I don't know anyone who is happy with there 105 there is still 3 new guns in the shop that have not been sold in 6 months and are collecting a little dust.
And for 1,399 new and owning about 5 remingtons now I think I'll buy another Benelli untill 2009 maybe by then it will be happening. 8)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
docgonzo said:
They had two on hand, one 26 inch and one 28 inch and they were in great shape appearance wise. The price was $1100 per gun.
I know they have knocked a couple hundred off the new price, but $1100 wouldn't still tempt me to buy either of them. I might give one a go at $900, but not over a thousand and most likely have a problematic gun. Chances are both of them are since they're on the rack already. With the 1100's and 11-87 costing more these days at least one can be confident it will work. This CTi so far is a crap shoot...

·
Registered
425 Posts
A friend bought one and decided he didn't like it. He didn't have any problems he just decided to keep shooting over unders. I bought it from him at a very reasonable price and have been ver happy with it, It even cycles with my 7/8 oz reloads. I don't know if it is one of the newer or older ones but I am vey happy with it.

·
Banned
30,315 Posts
The one I shot several stations of sporting clays with was an expensive, reliable, pointable, kickless wonder. :wink:

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
SuperXOne said:
The one I shot several stations of sporting clays with was an expensive, reliable, pointable, kickless wonder. :wink:
Pretty insignificant number of rounds to consider it reliable. A couple thousand then I'd venture to think, but a handful of rounds is more of a brash assumtion imo, but I suppose we all do it from time to time...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Gotta agree with Neanderthal here. A butt-ugly Beretta with a composite stock that is 100% reliable is far more valuable to me than a $1500 state of the art CTi 105 that spends more time at the smith than on at the range.

I feel the same way about cars, BTW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd be looking a serial numbers..... I'm not sure when they started making the new changes before they left the Rem factory, but my 105CTi has a s/n over 8000 and it works great.
Well, the only problems I've had with mine was with very light, 2 3/4in target loads.... I've never had a problem yet with any field loads that I use for hunting.

In fact, in a twist of irony, last week duck hunting, my friend had a shell jam in his 870 super mag with 2 ducks hovering over the water right in front of him. I tried to reach them from my position, but they were just a bit out of range for the shells I was using.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.