Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a set of four extended choke tubes on the Cabela's site by Remington. They are selling for 69.95 for the set and it includes Skeet, IC, LM and Modified tubes. With the Briley tubes running around $33 to $40 are they worth the extra money? I don't see that much difference in the tube specs or manufacturing method. I am shooting a CD Field Hunter II semi-auto :oops: and will be upgrading to either aBeretta 686E or a Browning Citori O/U :D in the future so I don't want to go too outrageous on the tubes if the Remington tubes will do the job. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

AFG

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
If the Remington tubes fit then give them a try. Just about any extended tube is going to be better than a factory flush mount.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The remington extended SC chokes are made by Briley for remington. They are the same choke less the notches and markings on the outside.

Steven

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info on the tubes. I didn't know that Briley made Remingtons tubes. 69.95 for four Briley extended tubes isn't a bad deal then. I'll be ordering them today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting. I bought both a Rem 1100 in 12 and 28 gauge in the past month or so. The 12 came with Rem chokes and the 28 came with Briley chokes. Both new in the box. I wondered why for a bit. Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts