Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a remmington baikal O/U 20 gauge and need some help with choke tubes for it and how to select the barrel if anyone has one or knows anything about them please help thanks

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Guerini's and Baikal's... the only thing they have in common is that the both come from overseas. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
drsfmd said:
Guerini's and Baikal's... the only thing they have in common is that the both come from overseas. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was thinking the same thing........

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
dylanpowell said:
rmh do you like your bakail?
Yes I do. No, it's not a Browning or other of the high end ones, but it serves the purpose for which it was bought. Something else to use for the hunting that I do. I don't run 50,000 shells a year through a gun like some of these guys do, more like 3-400 total. The main knock I've seen on them is that they won't hold up to the high round shooting but I don't have that problem. It shoots at what I point at and the geese/ducks/quail/pheasants/doves fall down.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
dylanpowell said:
do u have the original chokes? in yours
Yes, I got four with it:
Full-Lead
Mod-Lead/Full-Steel
Imp-Lead/Mod-Steel
Cyl-Lead/Imp-Steel

I should have mentioned that I have a 12 ga.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
dylanpowell said:
what do you normally use?
90% of my hunting is goose, sometimes duck. I keep the Mod-steel in the top barrel and the Imp-steel in the bottom.

On my 1 pipers (Browning Silver, an 870 and a BPS 16 ga.) I use Improved.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
dylanpowell said:
i have a remmington baikal O/U 20 gauge and need some help with choke tubes for it and how to select the barrel if anyone has one or knows anything about them please help thanks
I only looked at this because I wondered what it had to do with Guerinis, but since you asked, you change barrels by pushing the trigger forward with the gun cocked. Next time you recock the gun the barrels revert to the standard setting.

BTW Baikal O/Us may not be pretty, and the fit and finish may not be to the highest standard, but they are seriously rugged guns and should last a long time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Remington SPR 310 12 or 20 ***** in 26" or 28" priced at $359 in the latest CDNN catalog... Extra chokes are $14.99... Would make somebody a nice Christmas gift...and now back to your regularly scheduled CG programming!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts