Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Is it possible to remove the gold coloring from the new 1100 sporting triggers. I absolutely hate it. If it can't be done does anyone want to swap trigger groups for the old non gold style...I have 2

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Well, yea,, reverse the same electroplating that it was put on with.

Paint it with epoxy primer and polyurethane paint and you won't see the unsightly bling for a very long time, even longer if you polyurethane clearcoat it.

I guess I don't find trigger colors unsightly.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I doubt very much that it is really gold. It is probably titanium nitride coating. As such it is extremely hard, but could possibly be polished off with a Dremel using a rubber bonded polishing point.

WOB

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
Of all of the things I'd worry about doing to a shotgun this would be the last one on my list!

Still; beauty is the eye of the beholder.....maybe Remington can send you a black one.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Disassemble your trigger groups and take the actual triggers to a plating shop that does small parts. They can strip the existing plating and replate the triggers with any number of black coatings. Don't try removing the plating yourself with acids, peroxide, etc. as that can cause the release of dangerous gases and also damage the part.

You should probably expect to pay $50-$100 per trigger to have that done.

Or, you could buy this one on GunBroker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/641731838

Or, you could move on to something more significant.

·
Registered
247 Posts
J... I have a like new 1100 factory trigger, with black trigger. I will be happy to trade with you. Just let me know. John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts