Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to go nuts...i can't figure out how to remove the trigger guard from my LC Smith so I can get to the top lever screw. I unscrewed the part that is close to the grip cap, however i can't remove it to get to the right screw...any suggestions?

--Wing

"If it flies...it dies."

Rick618
Shotgun Expert

Re: Trigger Guard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure on the LC or not, but some of them you have to go from the inside to take the trigger guard off. Take the stock off and that exposes the insides of the trigger assy and there should be some screw heads going into the guard.

Well, just looked at a parts diagram for a new model and it shows one screw at the back of the guard and then the front appears to have a threaded stud, I'm guessing that you twist the whole guard off?

Total of 4 screws, plus the stud on the guard. Wood screw type in the guard, long shanked one in rear of plate, short screw in front of plate, and then there is another long shanked on that appears to have a larger head from the inside. This is all from a small sketch diagram in Numrich's.
There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

TheLibertarian
Frequent SW Visitor
(10/1/02 11:44:05 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Put a hacksaw to it. Always works for me.

Howie1049
Frequent SW Visitor
(10/2/02 6:48:44 am)

it unscrews man, just like a bolt. counterclockwise. Just like Rick has stated. Shells

Edited by: Howie1049 at: 10/2/02 5:50:43 am

TheWingshooter
Shotgun Expert
(10/2/02 1:02:59 pm)

Re: tg
That did it. Thanks for the help, I had ordered the schematic from numrich, however it shipped seperate and hasn't arrived yet...

--Wing

"If it flies...it dies."

Howie1049
Frequent SW Visitor
(10/4/02 2:38:44 pm)

Hey Wing, take care of the ol'LC Smith shotgun, after what I seen what's on the market,THEY DON"T MAKE EM LIKE THAT ANYMORE. That side lock shotgun has class from the past. A gracefull lady for hunting. Shells

TheWingshooter
Shotgun Expert
(10/4/02 8:46:04 pm)

Re: tg
I managed to get the top lever replaced...however I noticed it doesn't fit flush with the top of the frame like the old one. Kinda wierd if you ask me, however the old one had been mended and I didn't trust it. The last thing I wanted was a broken top lever with live shells in the breeches.

I plan on keeping this gun forever Howie, trust me, It's going to get a good makeover from a gunsmith next spring.

--Wing

"If it flies...it dies."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.