Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a winchester 120 ranger pump,same thing as a 1300 pump.I am doing a minor resto.I can not figuare out how to get the magazine tube off so I can send the reciver out to get refinished.any suggestions?thanks ,tim

G

·
Your winchester mag tube is held in by 2 plastic half inserts(magazine throat) , care must be taken when removing or replacement throats will have to be purchased.With great care insert your reciever in a padded vise install mag cap, and with rubber mallet proceed with great care and pound your mag tube back into your receiver.then remve cap and pull out your mag tube.thats itRON KONTOWSKYACTIONS BY R.A.K.8o

G

·
hey ron,
I got it off fine,but know I can not get it back on.the mag tube is striat line knurrled and the inside of the reciver is the same.it will not side in with out pounding on it with a rubber mallet and once it is in it is impossible to get the 2 plastic retianers it to place.I was thinking of polishing out just enough of the reciver to get it to where the tube will barely slide in and out and the put the retianers on but thought I would ask around and find out if this is ok or if I should talkel this in a different direction. thank you ,, tim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts