Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been Quail hunting in Illinois every year since I was 12, and this year my dog passed away. My wife and I are in the middle of having kids. Have one with one on the way and a new dog is just not in the cards right now. The season is coming and I'm without a dog. I've seen places in SD that rent dogs but I haven't seen any in Illinois. I have a very nice Kennel and only run dogs for half a day. ( They are treated very well) Does anyone know of anywhere in Illinois that does something like that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

· Super Moderator
2,504 Posts
Where are you in Illinois that you can find a decent population of quail to hunt?

· Registered
866 Posts
There are guides who will let you run their dogs with them present, but I think you are unlikely to find a trainer/owner who will let you take their dog out without them somewhere close by kind of like sending your kid with a stranger.
The only place I can think of that may rent dogs without a trainer present, would be Cranny Mack in Hillsboro
IL.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

· Registered
432 Posts
As mentioned by others you may be better finding a hunting partner with a dog, I you have a spot,I can probably help find you a hunter and a dog.
Finding a place to hunt is difficult. Most dog guys hunt a lot, so finding new places is a priority. If a non-dog hunter wants to hunt with us, they have to supply the place. And be a safe hunter. Good trade!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.