Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While dove hunting yesterday (more on that in another post), I short shucked my Ithaca 37 12 gauge and got a spent shell in the chamber, a live shell in the carrier and another live shell in the magazine tube where it should have been. I couldn't pull out the shell in the carrier so I switched to my 20 gauge 37.

I remember a post here where it was suggested that a gunsmight would be needed to remove that shell or maybe it involved taking off the stock to get it out. Instead I used a needle nose Vicegrip to hold the shell securely and cut the nose of the shell with a knife. I dumped the shot, and that gave me enough flexibility to pull the shell out without having to do anything more. Maybe somebody else can benefit from my experiment. Since I know that I caused the problem by short stroking, I don't plan on doing anything more unless I continue to have a problem.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Could you have removed the barrel, twisted the spent shell out of the ejectors/extractors, replace the barrel, close the action and be good to go?? Or don't I understand the problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts