Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Mossberg 500AG and I need to replace the safety switch. I know I need to remove the trigger assembly to do so. How do I remove the trigger assembly?

Any guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Moss 500 has the thumb safety located on top of the receiver. In the center of the safety is a small screw. Removing this screw will totally disassemble the entire safety mechanism. Under the safety thumb button is a tiny spring and ball bearing. Underneath these components on the inside of the receiver is the hammer block. All these parts come apart when removing the screw. This procedure is fairly easy once you get into it but be careful when doing this yourself. Make sure you are confident in your ability to make the repair before doing it. Obviously this is for safety reasons. If you are not comfortable with it don't hesitate to take it to a qualified gunsmith for repair. Better to be safe than sorry and this is not an expensive repair at all. From start to finish this repair can be done in less than 20 minutes by someone with knowledge of the repair.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts